#BookStack

 Hello again, and Happy New Year!


It's been a few months since I've posted, but to be fair, I've been b-u-s-y.  

Busy taking care of readers, learners, and the library.

Busy enjoying the holidays with my family.

Busy recovering from dental issues, and the snot-monster-cough-creature that tested negative for everything.

And healing after having surprise gallbladder surgery.  I never saw it coming.

Thankfully, I was able to read, read, and read some more, as publishers sent me oodles and oodles of new books to read and review as a member of the NEA Kansas Reading Circle (or is it the Kansas NEA Reading Circle?). Later this week I'll be driving these books to Topeka to meet and collaborate with other librarians as we select the best of the best to recommend and share with school districts throughout the state.

*****

I thought it would be fun to create a book stack before boxing everything up for the trip.  While the first photo is a good one, it's the second that lets you know ~exactly~ what I've been doing in my free-ish time:



The partial stack was already higher than me and wobbly as all get out, so the remainders were set to the side.  Soooooooo many of these books were soooooooooo good!

Thank you, authors, illustrators, and publishers!  These books have been a joy to read and reread.  They're informative, engaging, inspiring, and downright FUNNY!  Kansas readers will be enjoying them very soon.

And THANK YOU to our postal carrier and delivery drivers, because wow, some of these arrived shipped in c-a-s-e-s! 

I'm looking forward to all of the reading I'll be doing in 2023!


Comments

Popular Posts