Librarians Have Hobbies Too

... and my hobbies happen to be crafting, crocheting, and now, designing t-shirts!

Quick projects such as scarves and cowls/neckwarmers prevent me from suffering idle hands, while making afghans help me to destress and be productive at the same time.  The rhythm of repeated stitches and the texture of the yarn get me into a relaxed zone pretty quickly, and I admit I'm one of those "Netflix-and-Crochet" gals. 

I recently started designing t-shirts after realizing how comfy and appropriate they can be in my role as a school librarian.  Promoting and encouraging reading can happen via bulletin boards, displays, and now, clothing, which I love. Oh my, it's "Jeans Friday?"  You don't say!  Whatever shall I wear?

I don't have infinite amounts of storage space at home of course, so I've opened up an Etsy shop for my handmade items.  Since my t-shirt designs are available to print on demand, links to them are also included on the site:


See more by clicking here!

Comments

Popular Posts