September Library Displays

This month I've decided to add a calendar with important school event dates and notable observances and celebrations behind my circulation desk.  I used a free adhesive-note (3 X 3) template found here and printed off one for every day.  Next month I'll increase the font size and change the color of the notes, and I'll switch out letters, book covers and other items so it looks more autumn-y. 




Our school mascot remains in the hallway for September, and I'm considering leaving him there for the year!  Students are learning library-specific ABC vocabulary (I can't find the original source but if you search TPT for library vocabulary quite a few results pop up):




My display for September 11 resembles last year's, but after all sixth-graders in the district were moved over to the middle school in August, there hasn't been much interest in these books.  I'm wondering if they'll catch the eyes of fifth and fourth-graders tomorrow.


Of course all students are looking forward to International Talk Like a Pirate Day!



My next big library event will be hosting my first-ever BOOK FAIR at the end of the month!  I'm so grateful that parent volunteers will be helping me as I do a deep dive into this much-loved celebration of reading.

Comments

Popular Posts