It's a Job Requirement: I'm a Cliffhanger Conspirator

Overheard in the library yesterday:

Student, entering the library, exasperated: UGH! Mrs. Sommerville! I really really like coming to the library but you TOTALLY LEFT ME HANGING when you stopped reading Coraline to us! What am I supposed to do now?!?!? Like, check out the book and read it on my own?!?!!
Me: uh...
Student, still exasperated, walking further into a massive room filled with books from which he has been borrowing regularly, muttering to himself: She reads us two chapters, and then the THIRD chapter gets real good, and then she STOPS. Who does that?!?!?
Classmate behind him, rolling her eyes: Dude, you are so smart, but sometimes you just don't GET IT.
Student: Get WHAT?!?! She got me all excited over a book and then she stopped reading it!
Classmate, sighing: Never mind.
I winked at her, and I saw her eyes smile back at me.
*****
Yep, I'm that librarian. Being a cliffhanger conspirator/co-conspirator is part of my job, and folks, I aim to do this job well.

I'm loving this partnership with authors to hook students and get them reading!



I wonder if Thesaurus.plus will be adding other image options to their search results? This one IS pretty cute, though!


Comments

Popular Posts