Teacher Gifts from the Librarian: Make Your MARK

At the start of summer, I came across an ad for beautiful bookmarks and immediately knew they'd be the perfect teacher gift from me, their new librarian, as I welcomed everyone back to our library and new staff to it.  During back-to-school shopping with my sophomore (yeesh... oldest brother is thirty years old, sister is twenty-seven, and now the "baby" is a tenth grader), I came across some dual marker/highlighters that I really-really-really wanted for myself to share, and the phrase "make your mark" popped into my head, affirming to me that bookMARKS and MARKers would make for a fun play on words.

Here's what greeted everyone this afternoon on our first day back together:





I found the markers at Walmart, and some of the bookmarks via GetBullish.

MARK my words, I think we're off to a good start!

Comments

Popular Posts