Presentation Design: PechaKucha/PP Blend Soldering Tool Slideshow



Twenty slides, twenty seconds of narration per slide, listing essential soldering tools for beginners.  We all have to start somewhere! I scaled w-a-y back on this PechaKucha PowerPoint/Keynote "blended" presentation, trying PowerPoint and then Keynote (since it could save both its slideshow and its audio components when formatting the project into a video), combining large photos that I took of my own soldering equipment with minimal text and no transitions, and avoiding clip art, special effects and embedded videos at all cost.  I was aiming to create a very minimalist, short introduction to the tools that a crafter or mixed media artist would need in order to solder, as I felt it would be a personal challenge, limiting my well-known-to-friends-and-family wordiness to concise, strictly essential information in a short amount of time.

After some helpful feedback, I added an image to the first slide, arranged the photographs sequentially in a right, center, left position pattern as the slideshow progressed, and changed the original picture used in the "soldering is a three-step process" slide to better support my narration.  Take a look:


What do you think about the final version?  Feel free to post constructive criticism as a comment for this post: I want to do what I can to help rid my little part of the world of DEATH BY POWERPOINT!

***** 

Want to remember which equipment you'll need to get started? Here's what I've created as a handout to accompany my slideshow that will help you do just that:


Comments

  1. Love that you didn't incorporate any distracting fluffy decoration on the presentation. It made it easier to focus on the instruction and photos. Minnimalist presentations are always best for instruction. Fluff is best when you are trying to persuade with a presentation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts